After awhile, I managed to get use to Reason 5 and I learned a lot of the basics of how it functioned and how to successfully produce a beat using it. To this day (August 2013), Reason remains a primary software and I am loving every bit of it.
5 Points why Reason is a more unique software?
- The general mood of Reason is bright. FL Studio's grey layout is too depressing for music production. FL Studio is also way to messy when activating plug-in's - there is way too much floating.
- Reason functions like actual hardware making it more advanced which helps to educate the user in that area as well as the software itself.
- FL Studio is too commonly used. Yes, FL Studio is used more commonly when making beats which I can't 100% understand but I suppose producers just try to be "trendy" in some cases.
- It is a challenging software. I like a software that challenges my thinking and Reason does that. It is much more technical than FL Studio and it offers a wider amount of functions.
- Mixing and Mastering in Reason is user-friendly. You can easily create mastering suites for your end product and using combinators, the user can easily organise the devices that are being used for a particular track.
In conclusion, Reason is such a great software which I really recommend you take a shot at. It is so unique and advanced so it needs be encouraged for all upcoming producers and even long time FL Studio users. Most producers don't use it because they took one look at it, found it complicated and then ran away. I did the same but I am glad I gave it a chance!
Check out the site - http://www.propellerheads.se/
Hip Hop Producer and Sound Designer.